Crispy Gnocchi and Veggies
Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1 bag mixed baby bell peppers, cut into rings, or two regular bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Place oven-rack in middle of the oven and heat to 450°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the gnocchi, peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and a few generous grinds of black pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil and gently toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Roast, stirring halfway through, until the gnocchi are plump and the vegetables are tender and caramelized, 18 to 20 minutes total.
- To serve, spoon the mixture into individual bowls and top each bowl with the basil and grated cheese.