A perfect summer dish for the whole family.
Pineapple and Pork Skewers
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound pork fillet
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (or use already prepped fresh pineapple, drained well)
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into squares (optional)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 4 equal lengths
- Small bunch coriander/cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cooked rice or pitta, to serve
- Cut the pork into cubes, set aside.
- Heat the sugar and vinegar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar melts.
- Add the fish sauce and cool.
- Mix pork and sauce well so that all the cubes are covered.
- Have an adult heat the barbecue. If you are using coals, wait until they turn white.
- Put pork and pineapple onto skewers, alternating pieces with the pepper and onion.
- Barbecue or griddle the skewers for 3 to 4 mins each side. Ask for help so you don’t get too close to the hold grill!
- Sprinkle with coriander, if you like.
- Serve with rice or slide into pitta breads